My blog is to help you connect to Stampin' Up! products, projects, ideas, techniques

and promotions to inspire, energize and fulfill your creative dreams and needs.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Pardon this diversion.  Many of my friends, creative buddies, family and more have been following my adventures in New York City.  My husband and I are having a lovely time exploring around his work conference.

I was trying to determine how to share these images on Instagram and Facebook, like I have shared everything else.  But I was challenged of how to load the descriptions with the correct masterpiece, and load only 10 images at a time.  I decided that while changing different platforms isn't ideal, it would be easiest to use my blog to share these delightful delights.  

Impressionists are my favorite and I was astounded at how many are owned and on display at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art.  

























 Panorama of the lobby.  Astounding detail and investment in craftsmanship.
 Such a grand entryway with a huge fresh display of forsythia.
 There are statues at either end of the lobby.

 On either side of the entryway was matching columns.  There were huge vases filled with more fresh forsythia.

We also saw many statues, armor, and more paintings.  However our brief 2 hours left many, many exhibits unseen.  My favorites are Renoir and Monet.  What is your favorite?
Janey

1 comment:

Mari Sanders said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!!